Critic site from Crosby TX ... Reviewing ALL THINGS: people places things ... Let me tell you what EYE think!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

FRENCH QUARTER CAFE, Huffman TX



FRENCH QUARTER CAFE
7PM Wed Jan 14, 2009
24501 FM2100
HUFFMAN TX



We happened upon this cafe by accident. We were planning on visiting a neighboring eatery, but changed our minds when the clientele of said eatery looked like rejects from the cast of DELIVERANCE. I'm happy to report that this was a pleasant substitute.



We had the appetizer of Boudain Balls. This consisted of 6 large breaded & fried balls (bigger than golf balls) served with roumulade sauce. They were excellent. The best I've had in a good, long while. My friend ordered the hamburger (as usual). I ordered spicy catfish. My dinner came with a salad (the house dressing was exceptional), fries & hushpuppies. Since I'm not a french fry fan, I opted for extra hushpuppies instead. The price seemed a bit steep at $11. Especially since I thought I was getting a catfish & what I actually got were catfish STRIPS.


The fish was good, so I won't complain. But I will say that the prices are really high considering the location and decor of the cafe. This place was clean & tidy. Service was good. But the atmosphere in the dining area was rather slummy. I don't mind paying premium prices for a premium eating experience. But in this case, my suggestion is to scale down the price list to match the "down home" decor.



My friend liked the burger.




French Quarter Cafe in Huffman TX gets an EYEBALL UP from JudgedByJody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THINGS JODY PREDICTS WILL "BLOW UP" !!!!!

  • Mike Bennett (mikebennettpodcast.com)
  • Bakugan (www.bakugan.com)
  • Ashley Greene (www.ashleygreene.net)

Followers

About Me

My photo
Crosby, TX, United States
Critic site from Crosby TX Reviewing & Previewing Going places, doing things, eyeballing stuff